Not So Much Fun.

The VW Fun campaign won a big prize in Cannes. It's been all over YouTube and the blogosphere for months. I think I've seen all the videos. You probably have too, but over at digital buzz you can see them again and read about the recombinant frenzy that it generated.

So clearly it was a great success?

The Fun Theory was all about generating interest in Volkswagen’s Blue Motion technologies that deliver the same great car performance with reduced environmental impact.

Blue Motion? Reduced environmental impact? Really? Maybe it's just me, but that genuinely shocked me. All I took away was VW and fun. That, in itself, is no bad thing of course but if it wasn't the aim, then is it a success for VW or just for the agency?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make Marketing Amateur.

A Closed Shave.

Keeping It Real.